LAD has a fully accessible 14 seater minibus fitted with a hydraulic passenger lift. As most of the seats are removable, the minibus can accommodate up to three wheelchairs.
Our accessible transport service is very much in demand and we are kept extremely busy. We have worked hard this year to build up the service and have covered approx. 15, 600 miles. Transport is provided for 127 service users weekly and support 6 community groups. These journeys consist of ...
- Taking our own volunteers, to and from the various projects
- Three weekly supported shopping runs
- Other disability groups such as the Chest, Heart & Stroke service, Highland Disability Sport (Lochaber), Lochaber Disabled Bowlers Group
- Respite care and trips / outings for both wheelchair users and ambulant disabled people
- Supplement runs for the Community Car Scheme when they are busy
- LAD’s own Bingo Group and various other trips and outings.
We have also had a number of requests from the O/T department at the local hospital, care homes and sheltered housing complexes. Through networking with Community Groups and Social Services, we are able to connect with even more potential service users.
We are members of the community Transport Association and our minibus drivers are fully trained through MIDAS (Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme), to ensure that we provide a safe, efficient and reliable service to our many passengers. We have one paid member of staff and a number of volunteers who assist in the driving and passenger assistance allowing us to increase our services.
Roy/Spean Bridge – Thursdays
Victoria Court – Thursday
Caol – Thursday
Corpach – Friday
Caol - Friday